Friday, March 21, 2014

Second Interview = COMPLETE!

WHEW!

What a sigh of relief! My interview was Wednesday at 10:30a my time. I could barely sleep the night before! To be honest I probably went to be around 6 or 7am because I was just so restless and nervous. I work up around 9:30 to get dressed and set up my computer and etc. 10:30 came and went and around 10:40ish they joined the montage interview. I interviewed with two leaders, both men, one who worked front office and one who worked retail. They took turns asking my questions, mostly situational but leadership based.

Example questions:
-tell me about a time that you had a difficult situation
-tell me about a time when you were part of a project from beginning to end
-tell me about a time that you led a team in good business practices (I think that's how the question was worded, to be honest the sound cut out for a second so I'm like 98% sure that is what the question was)

...there were a few more questions but to be honest I can't remember them at the moment. Like I said I honestly think I did a very good job. I don't remember stumbling on any answers, and I think I gave very good answers with good examples to back them up.

The only thing I am slightly worried about is that I don't have a lot of "official" leadership/management experience. What I mean is that if they have to choose between me and someone else, they will choose someone else who has more "traditional" leadership/management experience. I've always been a trainer at all of my jobs, but I've never been a manager. I've assisted the guest service team lead (which is basically the manager of the front lanes) when I was working at target, I'd cover their lunches and sometimes meetings, meaning I'd work that position for a few hours, but I was never fully promoted to that position. So I fear that someone who has actually been a manager before will get the position instead of me. Personally, I believe that anyone can be leader, it's not just about holding the position, it's how you actually lead the people that look up to you.

Either way, time will tell! They said the last day to hear back was may 2nd (SO FAR AWAY). But from other people I've heard 2-3 weeks, so I honestly have no idea what the time frame is at the moment. I've done everything i can at this moment, so the only thing I can possibly do is cross my fingers and hope for the best! :)

-KT

No comments:

Post a Comment