Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Phone Calls, Interviews, Progress, oh my!

I haven't heard a peep, beep, or *ding* from my email since Feb 28th. Well I mean I have, but the emails aren't from Disney, which means I really don't care about them. That all changed March 7th.

I had just gotten out of work and saw that I had a missed call from a (407) number, which is also known as Disney's area code, not did I miss the call, but they left a voicemail!!! Needless to say I was freaking out, I only had 1% of battery left on my phone, so I raced to my car where I have a car charger, and listened to the voicemail. It was from Disney recruiting letting me know that they want to schedule a second interview for a MANAGEMENT internship! I did a little happy dance in my car, and called them back praying that my car charger would do its job and that I would be able to still catch them before they left the office (since this was friday around 4pm-ish). Chris from Disney Recruiting answered the phone, and informed me that I was part of special group of applicants in which they wanted to interview for TWO different management internships...at the same time! He informed me I would be interviewed for the lodging and retail management internships. (my #1 and #3 choice, since i haven't heard anything back about theme park ops, i'm going to assume that I wont be getting an interview for that, even though my dashboard still says "in-progress"). The day and time were set up, and on March 19th (in exactly one week), I will be taking part in what is called a "montage" interview, meaning it will be over webcam. There will be leaders from both lodging and retail interviewing me at the same time. Chris also told me that after the interview there would be no "yes/no" answer right away, but that in one to two weeks I will have a answer. Which means that by the beginning of april I will know if i am going to Disney for just a college program, or for an actual management position!

To say i'm nervous is an understatement, I have never really interviewed for a management position anymore, and having to do it "face to face" means I can't have a pile of notes next to me. I have rely all on my charisma! For the next week I will be going over my resume to find examples ways I have displayed good leadership, and I have started thinking of answers to possible interview questions. As always, I will let y'all know how it goes!

to recap:
College Program: ACCEPTED! (arrival- june 9th, role-concierge)
Professional Internships: Alumni-Only (guest relations)- in progress! (this internship only has one interview, which is the one that I already completed, so there's nothing left to do but wait. These internships are usually the last to hear back)
Management Internships: In progress in all 3, with an interview for retail and lodging on march 19th!

Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust y'all!
-KT

No comments:

Post a Comment